24 Hour Fitness Machines Top Weight 6 Keys to Self Publishing Success 9 Pioneers of Fitness Achieve High Fitness Levels Advice On Sports Nutrition Supplements Are Retirees Dummying Down Biologically Bench Press for Your Brain Cellular Nutrition Chemical and Biological Warfare Chemistry Nutritional Supplements Coaching Effective Teams Implement Experiential Learning Commitment To A Successful Fitness Create Your Author Platform Diet Nutrition and Healthy Living Dog Days Finding a Publisher Dramatically Increase Sales Conversion Education Based Marketing The New Sales Education Based Marketing Can Increase Sales Education vs Sales Based Marketing Fast Biologically Active Highly Fitness Franchise Fitness Trainer Five Questions Get Your Book Published Get and Stay Younger Looking and Slow Getting Your Book Published How to Find Health and Nutrition Hold the Press Penis Enlargement Actually Homeschool Curriculum Review Memoria Press How to Think About the Increasing Length Or Girth Which is Better Life Coaching Schools Make the Switch From Selling to Educating Names of African Children Born Atypically New Authors Publishing Options Nutrition Supplementation Nutritional Supplements Should On Writing for Publication Our Post Biological Evolution Boldly Part 3 The Road Portable Fitness Equipment Professional Services Win More Sales Put Power Behind Your Random House Book Publishing Self Publish Or Get a Mainstream Self Publishing Independent Publishing Traditional The Final Word On Fitness For Women The Many Hats of Self Published The New Face of Publishing The Present Situation For Writing The Real Deal How Useful The Ultimate Publishing Guide How to Publish To Publish Or To Self Too Much Power of the Press Traditional Publishing Self publishing and Subsidy Understanding Food Nutrition Labels What Are Music Publishers Why Join a Fitness Club Why Most Coaches Are the Gray Why You Should Consider Writing Childrens Books Get Published
10 Myths about Organ Donation 5 Benefits Of Worm Farming A-Z of Worm Farming All About Organic Food Answers to Some Important Questions Ask Your Doctor About Organic Everything You Need in Organic Facts About Organic Cosmetic Certification Facts About Worm Farming Getting To Know More About Organic Have You Ever Considered Worm Farming Home Panty Organization How To Use Worm Farm How To Worm Farm How to Make Worm Farm How to Set Up Worm Farm I Was Lied To About Organic Important Details About Worm Farming Important Facts About Organic Gardening Information You Should Know About Organic Interesting Facts About Organic Foods Keeping Earthworms Within A Farm Learn the Basics About Organic Look at the Reasons of Worm Farm Making a Worm Farm on Budget Marketing The Worm Farm More Faq About Organic One Harm to Worm Farm Organic Chicken Recipes Organic Gardening Can Make Hobby Quick and Simple Organic Grocery Skin Care Techniques Starting Worm Farms The Truth About Organic Beauty The Truths About Organic Anti The Ways to Go About Organic Things to Know About Worm Farm To Build Worm Farm Vermicomposting Recycling Idea Vermiculture Whats the Difference Among Worm What Can Vermiculture Do What Is Worm Composting What It Will Do For You What The Heck Is Organic What You Need to Know About Nutrition What You Should Know About Baby Foods What you to know about Vegetables Whats All The Buzz About Where The Worms Do The Work Organic Home Gardening Worm Farm History Worm Farming For Fun Worm Farming Secrets
5 Benefits Of Worm Farming
5 Benefits Of Worm Farming by Hashbury
in Home / Gardening (submitted 2010-12-09)
1. Worm farming is great for the environment. It is something that gives back to nature and does not take anything away. Many people farm worms just for this reason alone. We are in a time where everyone wants to go green, and this is one great way to go green. Hopefully, one day worms will be the answers to all of our excessive garbage problems.
2. You can make a nice residual or full time income from worm farms. Believe it or not, you can make a nice income from farming worms. You can sell the worms, or you can sell the worm castings(worm poo). Some variety's of worms can sell for a pretty high price. Worm castings are always in demand and sell for even higher prices. Worms reproduce at a very high rate allowing huge returns on just a rather small investment.
3. Worms can be your own personal garbage disposal. You can give worms all your left over food scraps for them to eat. They can survive on food scraps alone, but bigger worm farms will also need food supplements like newspapers. Worms can also eat your old left over newspapers. This actually provides a very good substrate for them to eat.
4. Worm castings are great for vegetable and flower gardens. The castings they produce can be added to gardens as a all natural fertilizer. The worm castings are one of the best organic fertilizer a person could use in their garden. The worms can also be placed in gardens to make the soil much more rich. They plow the soil by burrowing through it. This also aerates and conditions the soil making it perfect for planting.
5. Worms are great to fish with and can provide stocked ponds with food. A lot of farm raised fish are now being partly fed with worms. This is great for the fish farmers, because they can also farm worms for a fraction of the price as normal fish food. I personally use worms from my farm to take my kids out fishing on the weekends. This is a great activity for me and my kids.